latest version: 3.4
PhotoQt 2.1.1 available
Published: 6th of February, 2021
Coming one week after v2.1, the new release v2.1.1 doesn't bring any new features but only fixes a few minor bugs that have surfaced since the past release.
The following bugs have been fixed:
Thanks to everybody who has reported some of the above bugs. I try to test PhotoQt as thoroughly as I posssibly can, but it is impossible for one person to catch everything. If you find something that appears to be broken, please let me know either by email or on GitLab.
- PhotoQt 2.1 added support for ImageMagick, and switched the default from GraphicsMagick to ImageMagick. This change led to some issues on some systems, thus with 2.1.1 the default is now set back to GraphicsMagick.
- When opening an image with PhotoQt (i.e., passing a filename to it via the command line), then the images would not be sorted but be in some random order. Also, the directory would in this instance be added as final 'image'.
- In the file dialog, the first entry in the history was always set to the home directory, even if another directory was opened by default.
- Some parts of PhotoQt (e.g., the authentication mechanism for Imgur) make use of some simple encryption for protection. Before, the encryption key was based on some random CMake variable, however, this does not work well with packages from repositories and might lead to a loss of data between versions. To fix this situation PhotoQt now bases the encryption key on the hostname of the local machine.
- The back button in the file dialog was mostly hidden behind the mouse area for resizing the panels.