PhotoQt v2.1 now available
>> Published: 30th of January 2021
It's only been a little over a month since the past release, yet there has been a whole range of changes and improvements since then.
Some of the major changes/improvements include:
- ImageMagick: It is now possible to build PhotoQt with either ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick. Due to the way they are set up, it is not possible to have both enabled at the same time.
- File type management: The management of available/enabled file types has been reworked. Instead of being broken down by image library, they are now listed by format name. Also, if one image library fails to load an image for whatever reason, PhotoQt will continue to try other possible libraries, maximizing the chance of being able to display a file.
- Converting images: It is now possible to save images in different formats. Any image that can be opened can be written into any format supported by Qt or ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick.
- Slideshow and subfolders: It is now possible to include supported files located in subfolders in a slideshow.
- Several bugs that were found since the past release have been fixed.
I am looking for help! There are several ways you can help PhotoQt:
- Translating PhotoQt into a new language. Check out the project on Crowdin.
- I am looking for someone to help with creating the Windows installers. This is a somewhat complex task, as it involves a variety of packages and libraries working together. If youa re interested, please let me know!