>> Published: 1st of September 2022
Thanks to again some fantastic feedback, a new release is ready with a whole range of fixes and improvements greatly improving the experience of using PhotoQt.
Some of the highlights of this release include:
- Status Information:
The status information has been completely reworked. Not only does it support more information to be shown there, the different pieces can be rearranged in any desired order.
- Meta data:
Loading meta data is no longer based on a white list for supported formats, but instead PhotoQt always attempts to load it and fails gracefully if the file is not support. Also, the meta data element can now be shown again behind the left screen edge (option in settings).
All icons in the interface have been switched from PNGs to SVGs to support better downscaling without blur. The filetype icons have been reworked to look cleaner and more modern. There are also new backup icons (used, for example, on Windows) thanks to @hadoukez.
Two new shortcuts have been added: One to switch between window and fullscreen mode, and one to toggle the 'fit in window' setting.
- Files (and folder) can now be properly sorted again in both the file dialog and when viewing images.
- Certain localizations could not be selected/loaded.
- The pixmap size wasn't calculated properly.
- Improve/fix handling of network paths on Windows.
I love to hear from people using PhotoQt. In order to get in touch with me for feedback/support/etc., there are a few different ways you can do so:
- IRC: I often hang out in the IRC channel #photoqt over at Libera.Chat.
- GitLab: Feel free to open an issue over in the GitLab repository.
- Join the translation team over on Crowdin. If your language is missing you can simply request it directly on Crowdin or send me an email and I can add it to the project.
- Give feedback of what you like/don't like, or what you think is missing from PhotoQt. To give feedback, send me an email or open an issue on GitLab.