latest version: 4.2
Published: 10th of June, 2022
Another new release is ready, once again with many new and exciting features and plenty of smaller improvements across the whole application.
Some of the highlights of this release include:
These are just some of the bigger highlights, as usual there are many more smaller changes and improvements. You can find a few more in the Changelog, but best is to try it out yourself.
- Support for two new image libraries: libvips and libmpv. libvips is an attractive option whenever some of the more heavy-weight libraries, like ImageMagick, are unavailable. It doesn't support as many image formats but is much more lightweight. libmpv offers an alternative way to include video files in PhotoQt. It is slightly slower in loading video files compared to the native Qt support, however, it has the potential to support a much wider range of video formats.
- Sort images by luminosity: PhotoQt v2.6 introduced the first advanced sorting criteria for images in a folder. In v2.7, a new sorting criteria is added to the list: luminosity.
- The main menu is now divided into collapsible categories. PhotoQt will also store the state of each collapsible category across sessions.
- If you want to find out what features are supported by your installation of PhotoQt, you can now find an overview of the configuration either by clicking on the version number in the 'About' window, or through the --show-info command line flag.
I love to hear from people using PhotoQt. In order to get in touch with me for feedback/support/etc., there are a few different ways you can do so:
If you want to help PhotoQt, there are a few ways you can get involved:
- IRC: I often hang out in the IRC channel #photoqt over at Libera.Chat.
- GitLab: Feel free to open an issue over in the GitLab repository.
If you are considering supporting PhotoQt by donation, please consider donating to the humanitarian relief in Ukraine instead, for example to the Ukrainian Red Cross.
- Join the translation team over on Crowdin. If your language is missing you can simply request it directly on Crowdin or send me an email and I can add it to the project.
- Give feedback of what you like/don't like, or what you think is missing from PhotoQt. To give feedback, send me an email or open an issue on GitLab.