Move to Canada & Short Preview of v1.1
>> Published: 8th of September 2014
I recently moved to St. John's in Newfoundland, Canada. It has been quite an adventure, and a lot of new things to discover. I really love it here! Coming from Ireland, I found the people to be not too different (I can tell, that many have Irish ancestors); very open, friendly and welcoming. And the area round here is absolutely beautiful! Definitely a nice place to go on holidays to ;-)
After a short period of time of working on the code, it got a little quiet again over the last 3-ish weeks while I was settling in my new home. But version 1.1 of PhotoQt is not too far off anymore! I can't give a definite date yet, but I'd expect it to come in about 2-3 weeks. If you followed the changes on GitHub, you'll know that there will be quite a few changes again:
- Starting with v1.1, PhotoQt will be based on Qt5
- Phonon is being replaced by QMediaPlayer (getting rid of a dependency)
- A rotation/flipping of an image is stored temporarily for a session (nothing is saved permanently in any files!) - Issues #19
- Images in a current directory can be filtered quickly and easily (currently only by file extension, not (yet) by filename) - Issues #17
- Faded in widgets are now provided by their own class (massive simplification of code), and the animation starts at the top of the screen now
- Basic image manipulation: resizing and rotating/flipping (still to do)
- And many bugs were fixed... if you find any, please let me know (either by email, or via GitHub)!
The above list is not exhaustive, there might be a few more changes coming. But it will be an exciting release, once again! I hope it will be worth the time you all had to wait for it (v1.0 was released in August 2013)...